Monday 27 May 2013

Hello world!

"... this is me" - no, stop it, my ears! Horrible flashback to after school television - triple points and a good dose of shame if you can tell me what show that song is from.  

Okay, so, having been a long time creeper on dozens of beauty, makeup and nail blogs, I have finally bitten the bullet/taken the bull by the horns/seized the day and started my own. I don't expect it to be very good, at least to start with, but after composing one too many mini-reviews of a makeup product in my head as I'm trying to get to sleep and buying one too many identical nail colours that I could've sworn I didn't have, I thought I would share my expertise and experiences with whomever is interested, even if my blog is never viewed and lost to the recesses of the internet, only to be dug up in 200 years time by someone who will wonder at the crazy things we put on our faces and nails in the name of beauty. I know that I enjoy reading almost every single beauty blog I come across, no matter how short the reviews or how fuzzy the pictures, and I am always so disappointed when I search for swatches and reviews of potential purchases with no result, that I thought it was time to start contributing.

What's with the blog name, you may ask? I love a good wordplay, and makeup and nail polish product names and shades are some of the best (read: worst) puns in the business. (Sinful Colors, I'm looking at you!) Also, my obsession has lead to enough makeup and nail polish to fill a suitcase (or two!), so 'what's in my handbag?' just didn't seem to cut it.

And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room makeup corner proudly presents - your dinner this blog!


The aforementioned makeup corner

No comments:

Post a Comment