Monday 3 June 2013

NOTD: A Rose Water Sandwich

On Friday night the fiancĂ© and I went out to a NUGAS (National Union of Greek Australian Students) event and although the cover charge was ridiculous and the bar was tiny, the Greek DJ was great and my nails made me happy! 

My Nails Of The Day (well, Night) with my favourite studded clutch

This look was a crelly sandwich - my first successful one ever! Australis Satine was the bread of my sandwich, with one coat on the bottom and two coats on top. It's a very sheer off-white crelly and applied quite streaky so it probably wouldn't work very well on it's own. The glitter was Rose Water by Candy Lacquer, an indie polish maker who makes stunning glitter bombs. I have so many of her polishes I think I need to go to Candy Lacquer rehab! Rose Water is bright pink and aqua holo glitter in many different shapes, including some larger stars, moons and butterflies. I bought the polish mostly because of the name (rosewater is one of my favourite scents), but I really liked the way it looked under Satine - it subdued the metallic brightness of it and helped to smooth out the larger glitter. Sorry that there isn't a better picture of this manicure, I didn't take any close up pictures because every single nail ended up with bubbles. I think it was because of the Sally Hansen Ultra-Wear Top Coat I used - this was my first time trying it and the dry time was sloooooow.

What do you guys think? Have you ever tried doing a jelly or crelly sandwich? I'm loving them and can see many more coming up in my future!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment