Monday 17 June 2013

Paw Print Stamping

My second ever go at stamping, inspired by my pup. He is almost 16 and has Cushing's syndrome, but he is still making the best of it!

Bomber (named for an AFL team)

This attempt went much better than my first, which was completely unrecognisable, but I still have a long way to go. Still, it was so much fun, and quick and easy compared to freehand nail art. So far I've found that the trick is finding the right polish to stamp with, and working quickly.

Indoors
I started of with two coats of OPI My Vampire Is Buff, a beautiful cream colour whose application was a bit streaky. I then stamped on the paw prints using Bundle Monster BM-323 with Wet N Wild Black Creme, which turned out to be a great polish for stamping, although it could have been a bit more pigmented. My top coat also caused the paw prints to smudge, maybe I needed to wait longer before applying it?

A close up of my middle finger

Obviously I'm late to the party here, and my application leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm sure I'll be doing lots of practice now that I've got the stamping bug. Stamp all the things! 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment